Tuesday, November 19, 2024

HEALTHY MSMES MEANA HEALTHY ECONOMY

Go Negosyo founder Joey Concepcion and Department of Health (DOH) Secretary Ted Herbosa discussed recently several possible initiatives that could bring together entrepreneurship training and health services to benefit more Filipinos across the country.
Last week, I had the opportunity to catch up with Dr. Ted Herbosa. Dr. Ted was one of our Go Negosyo advisers during the pandemic. He, together with the country’s best doctors, scientists, academics and public health experts, provided the guidance that enabled the Philippines to navigate its way out of the pandemic successfully. The excellent people in our group of experts provided the private sector insights on matters like vaccines, boosters, strategic lockdowns, alert level systems, the safe reopening of the economy and the Philippines’ exit from the pandemic.

He was one of the first to freely offer his expertise to the private sector when we needed most the help of people of his caliber. Today, Dr. Ted is the Secretary of the Department of Health (DOH).

So it was like meeting a fellow veteran of a distant war when Sec. Ted and I sat down for a cup of coffee last week. He told me about his priority programs now at the DOH, and I shared how we’re scaling up our entrepreneurship advocacy. I suppose you could say we still work together as part of the team that supports the First Lady’s LAB for All social and medical services caravan.

It was in this vein that Sec. Ted and I got to the main agenda of our meetup: to see how we can bring together entrepreneurship training and health services in a way that aligns with the President’s initiative of bringing services closer to the people. The President and the First Lady have already started the ball rolling and it is now our task to see to it that our activities go in the same direction.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment